A roof coating is essentially an application of fully adhering fluid to form a roofing membrane. It becomes the topmost layer to withstand the UV rays, hail, snow, and rain. Roof coating is one of the essential factors that you should discuss with the roofing company before hiring them for commercial or residential roofing.
List Of Reasons To Invest In Roof Coating
- Reduces the cost of repair – The drastic weather changes like snow and rain can cause heavy damage to the roofing and require repair or complete removal, which is expensive. Having a roof coating done minimizes the damage caused by rain, hail storms, or snow and prevents the roof from absorbing humidity, thereby reducing the chances of leaks and molds growing up on your roof.
- Easy installation – The process of roof coating is straightforward. You can do it yourself during the holidays. Start with power washing the ceiling. In case there are leaks or damages to your roof, it is preferable to hire a roofing company. They would repair using the best materials and then apply the coating system.
- Types of coating – There are various options of coating available, like – acrylic used for residential roofing, the silicone used for both commercial and residential roofing, while polyurethane and asphaltic rubber membrane systems are used chiefly commercially
- Acrylic coating – It protects against radiation, hail damage, and it is flexible enough to withstand dimensional instability of the roof membrane systems. In addition, they are easy to work with, budget-friendly, and highly reflective. Although silicone coating is used for commercial purposes, it has become widely popular for residential roofing because of its higher efficiency than acrylic.
- Silicone coatings – These are highly elastic and adhesive to the existing surface. They protect us from extreme weathering conditions. It is not entirely waterproof, but it can withstand extreme rainfalls that residential roofing usually go through. Silicone coating does not need multiple layers, and a single coat is enough to provide durability. As silicone requires less material than an acrylic coating, it reduces the construction charges and is a long-term investment in residential roofing.
Residential roofing coated with silicone reduces the level of heat due to its high reflective nature. Silicone roof coating combined with white roofing materials will keep the house much cooler.
Some Cons You Should Know About Residential Roofing:
If the roofing doesn’t have a perfect slope, there is a chance of waterlogging, which would reduce the longevity of the roof coating.
In this case, hiring a roofing company is essential to acknowledge the problem and use proper materials for residential roofing.
Go For The Professionals!
A consultation with a roofing agency would allow you to know if your residential roofing can withstand another layer of top coating. If it can, which one of the choices mentioned above will be the best fit for your roof and also suit your budget.
Now that you understand the significance of having a professional by your side, we hope you’ll do what’s best for your roof!