In 2017, the excise tax registration in UAE was established across the country. Excise tax is an indirect tax imposed on certain commodities that are often damaging to human health or the environment. These items are known as “excise goods.” The following definitions apply when determining whether a product is an excise good:
- carbonated drink.
- Energy drinks .
- All commodities listed in Schedule 24 of the GCC Common Customs Tariff are considered tobacco and tobacco products.
- Electronic smoking devices and tools liquids used in such devices, as well as sweetened drinks, have excise duty from December 1, 2019.
Excise tax rates
The rate of excise duty is as follows, according to Cabinet Decision:
- 50% off carbonated beverages
- Tobacco goods at 100%.
- 100% on energizing beverages
- 100% on electronic cigarette gadgets
- Liquids utilized in such equipment and tools at 100%.
- 50% off any product that has added sugar or other sweeteners.
The reason for levying excise duty
The UAE government impose an excise tax in order to curb consumption of unhealthy and dangerous goods while simultaneously increasing government revenue that can be applicable on useful public services.
What impact will it have on consumers?
- For things that are hazardous to human health or the environment, consumers will have to pay a higher price.
Businesses needed to excise tax registration in uae
According to UAE Federal Decree Law No. 7 of 2017 on Excise Tax, every business engaged in:
- the import of excise items into the UAE must register for excise tax.
- the manufacture of excise items for consumption in the United Arab Emirates
- In some situations, anyone who is responsible for monitoring an excise warehouse or designated zone, such as a warehouse keeper, is accountable for stockpiling excise items in the UAE.
FTA commits to assist with this by offering significant support and guidance; nonetheless, it is the duty of the firm to ensure that all applicable compliance duties have done.
The FTA has the authority to perform audits of taxable corporations and then impose penalties on those who do not follow the law.
What is the procedure for registering for excise tax?
Businesses can register for excise tax on the FTA website’s e-services section. They must, however, first register and create an account. For additional information on excise tax registration in dubai,uae ,you can avail expert advice from various professional accounting services in dubai.
The registration deadline has passed.
Because there is no registration threshold for excise tax, any corporation intending to engage in any of the activities listed above must register and account for excise tax prior to the date of implementation, which is October 1, 2017.
Points To Check Before Excise Tax Registration In UAE
Who needs the excise tax registration in UAE?
Any individual who engages in the following activities is liable for excise tax registration in UAE:
- Importing of excise goods into the UAE
- The manufacture of excise goods for consumption in the United Arab Emirates.
- In some situations, UAE law permits hoarding of excise items.
- Releasing of excise goods from a designated zone.
Exceptions for excise tax registration in UAE:-
A person who does not routinely import excise items does not require to excise tax registration in UAE. They must show that they import excise items no more than once every six months or four times every twenty-four months.
Where the value of the excise goods exceeds the duty-free threshold, excise tax will be requiring.
Excise tax deregistration in UAE
If a person who has done excise tax registration in UAE no longer sells excise items, they can ask to be deregistered.
For any queries related to excise tax registration in UAE, contact KBA Accounting and Bookkeeping Services.
Do you want to start a business in the United Arab Emirates? That’s fantastic! Since the advent of Value Added Tax (VAT) in 2018, however, some firms are forcing to register for VAT and maintain correct accounting records. Keeping up with the provisions of VAT legislation may be difficult because they are frequently revising. Fortunately, your accounting team can now thoroughly explore and comprehend the complexities of the VAT landscape in the GCC with relative ease by enrolling in a VAT training given by a competent VAT consultant in Dubai.
Here are a few things you should know about VAT training in Dubai with a trained VAT expert in Dubai to assist you understand how important it is.As the VAT and Excise Tax Registration in UAE evolve, the firm feels it is critical for businesses to ensure that their business operations are aligned with the indirect tax positions And procedures that have been established.
What does VAT training entail?
Despite the fact that the Value Added Tax (VAT) has been in place in the UAE for nearly four years, many businesses are still unfamiliar with its core concepts and principles. As a result, many VAT experts now provide certification and training courses to assist individuals and businesses in understanding the history of VAT, identifying its benefits and drawbacks, and understanding how it operates and fits into the tax mix of both local and worldwide landscapes.
What Should You Expect During Training?
Although VAT training vary on the course, all programs provide enrollees with seminars and activities that enable them to examine VAT rules and regulations .It identify the various procedures that must implement in order to ensure that VAT returns are submitting accurately and on time.
During these training, qualified VAT consultants in Dubai, such as tax advisers, finance specialists, and tax accountants, are common teachers.
A review of VAT fundamentals, effective procedures for VAT registration, a guidance on VAT calculations, specifics on VAT penalties, and many other topics are covered in the training.
What Is the Purpose of the Course?
Since VAT is a required component of Dubai’s tax regulations, everyone has to enrol in a VAT training program.
Individuals whose occupations need them to interact directly with tax provisions, on the other hand, are more likely to attend the course. Accountants, finance managers, internal auditors, tax consultants, tax preparers, and other accounting and finance professionals are among them.
Why Should You Take the Course?
Enrolling in a VAT Training program has numerous advantages. The following are some of them:
- protects your company against potential tax evasion, which might cost you a lot of money.
- relieves the stress and anxiety that comes with tax obligations.
- It gives your staff more leverage.
- allows you to figure out which deductions, adjustments, and credits are appropriate for your scenario.
- Knowing the procedures and requirements ahead of time makes it easier to file your taxes.
Are you up to date on the latest VAT laws and regulations? Allowing your company to fall behind its competition is a recipe for disaster. Familiarise yourself with the VAT system’s processes, concepts, jargons, and procedures.do you want to know about outsourcing a vat tax preparer?
Enrol in a VAT training class immediately and make an appointment with the top VAT consultant in Dubai.