What is the best tool to create a bootable USB drivers for Windows? Here we bring you the right guide through Rufus download. Learn everything here from how to download Rufus to proceed through!
The internet is loaded with millions of applications, tools, and software. Rufus software is one of the most popular utilities that help to build bootable USB drivers for Windows.
Those who use Windows powered PCs have several options to pick. But the best option is to install or download Rufus 32 and prepare bootable USB drivers for Windows.
Not all bootable USB drivers for Windows are effective when in use. The booted USB drivers built using Rufus Windows 10 app are easy to use and function faster than other utilities.
Importance of bootable USB drivers for Windows
Bootable USB drivers for Windows contain a bootable program that controls the optical disc (CD, DVD) or USB drive computer.
It’s also a flash drive that has had a bootable ISO of an operating system installed on it. You stick it in your computer and change the bios parameters if needed so it boots off the flash drive instead of your hard drive.
- Unlock the PC using the bootable USB drivers for Windows.
- Run portable apps.
- Improve Windows performance.
- Store vital documents for travel.
- Back up your USB flash device.
- Install any operating system with the use of the bootable USB drivers for Windows.
- Stay secure with Tails operating system.
- Boot an operating system using the bootable USB drivers for Windows.
Latest features of Windows 11
Windows is Microsoft’s flagship operating system (OS), the de facto standard for home and business computers. Windows has a graphical user interface (GUI)-based OS.
Windows 11 is a free update for existing Windows users – you must be online to download, install and activate the Home version, and you must have a Microsoft account when installing or upgrading your computer or tablet.
You may find different USB bootable apps for Windows 11. But one of the best ways to create bootable USB drivers for Windows is Rufus software. Some of the main features of Windows 11 are,
- The new Start menu.
- Using search.
- Widgets, widgets, widgets.
- Teaming up with Teams.
- Handling Windows 11 updates.
- Task View and virtual desktops.
- Snap Layouts.
- Quick Settings and notifications.
- Docking/Undocking Capabilities
The guide to creating bootable USB drivers for Windows
Rufus 32 is the ideal software available that can be used to create bootable USB drivers for Windows. You can without doubt use Rufus software to create bootable USB drivers for Windows.
Follow the simple and easy steps provided below and get bootable USB drivers for Windows.
- Step 1 – The first step is to insert a compatible USB drive into a running computer.
- Step 2 – Second you should open a command prompt window as an administrator.
- Step 3 – And then type ‘Diskpart.’ as the next step in the process of creating bootable USB drivers for Windows.
- Step 4 – When the command line window opens, type ‘list disk’ and then click the ENTER button. The list disk command will now show all disks on the computer. Then you have to show the driver number or driver letter on the USB flash drive.
- Step 5 – At the command prompt, you must type ‘select disk <X>’, where X stands for the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive, and then click ENTER.
- Step 6 – Next type ‘clean’, and then click ENTER. By doing so all the data in the USB drive will be deleted.
- Step 7 – Then you have to create a new primary partition on the USB flash drive, type ‘create partition primary’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 8 – Type ‘select partition 1’, and click the ENTER button. Now you can easily select the partition you just created.
- Step 9 – Next type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’, and then click ENTER to format the partition.
- Step 10 – And then type ‘active’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 11 – Finally type ‘exit’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 12 – And then you should finish preparing the custom image and save it to the root of the USB flash drive.
About Rufus software
Rufus is an open-source application that is used to create bootable USB drivers for Windows. Nevertheless, Rufus software is designed aiming at Windows OS, Rufus Download can create ISOs that operate on Linux, Mac, and other operating systems.
The application supports a lot of languages like English, Francais, Hrvatski, Italiano, and much more. This application used to get bootable USB drivers for Windows was published by Pete Batard.
The Rufus license is available for free on Windows 32-bit as well as the 64-bit operating system on laptops and PCs without any restrictions and as a free download for all software users. It belongs to the boot/manager disk category.
App summary of Rufus 32
You can find more than 71 versions of Rufus software. This is the app summary of the latest version of Rufus which can effectively create bootable USB drivers for Windows.
- Latest version : 3.17
- Last Updated : October 25th, 2021
- Licence : Freeware
- OS : Windows 7 or later
- File size : 13.2 MB
- Downloads : 14.3 M
- Author : Pete Batard
- Primary language : English
Distinct features of Rufus software- Why should you have Rufus?
Rufus is a utility that helps format and creates bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pen drives, memory sticks, etc. Compared to other applications and software, Rufus 32 delivers a number of distinct features.
It is important to know the unique features of Rufus before using the application to create bootable USB drivers for Windows.
- A versatile program for creating bootable USB drives
- Compatible with all types of windows
- Perform multiple tasks
- Supports multiple languages
- Simple Process of Creating Bootable USB with Rufus
- User-friendly Interface
- Fast Speed
- Create a Multi-boot USB
- Free of Cost
- Compatible with Old BIOS
- Lightweight App
- Efficient & Reliable
- Supports Windows 10
- Safe & Secure
- Supports both booting systems; GPT and UEFI
- Released on 11, December 2011 by Peter Batard
- Bugs free.
Now that you have all the necessary information about Rufus software, you can get bootable USB drivers for Windows easily. In the meantime, you can visit the official Rufus websites to get more details and clarifications about the tool.