Gmail is one such service that is very easy and smooth to use for the process of email exchange. Also it is a secure option to take as compared to any other email service that is available. Gmail is very easy to log in also the sign up for the account is an easy process. Also you can easily conduct other basic procedures related to the Gmail service. We do not really need to discuss why or how popular the Gmail email service is. It is something that the people know already. Here further we will see fixings for Gmail not syncing on android or IOS.
Gmail email service is easy to use-
The email service is really very easy to use and to understand, but as there are so many technologies and there are so many features that are there added with the Gmail setup so sometimes for the users coming from the non-technical background it often becomes a problem to understand all those technicalities and then use Gmail accordingly. So, there are some technical glitches that the user may need to deal with. One of the common technical glitches is Gmail not syncing. Here further in the guide as per the demand of the topic, we will see how one can deal with this issue and can fix it for further smooth use of the services on all types of operating systems and devices.
Gmail not syncing on android and IOS-
Android and IOS both operating systems are very different from each other so obviously, the configuration of the Gmail server settings in both cases would differ from each other. So, if you are not able to sync Gmail on android or if you are not able to sync it on IOS then for a solution also you will have to take a different set of steps.
Reasons for Gmail not syncing on IOS-
Well, before getting into the fixes of the issue it is necessary for you to understand the reasons behind this.
The reasons in the case of IOS include the following-
- Problem with the data transfer
- Network connection issues
- The problem can be with the server issues
- Some problem with the internet connection
- IMAP settings disabled
- Inaccurate email settings
- Some outdated email app running on the computer
Now after knowing the reasons further fixing the issue would be easy for you to do on the IOS devices.
Fixing Gmail not syncing on IOS-
If you need to fix this issue of Gmail not syncing on IOS, then for a solution to that please follow the steps given below-
Device Restart – The first thing in this case that you should check is the device working fine or if there is some problem with that. If the problem is with the device then for a solution to that you should conduct a restart on the device. Once, the device is restarted there are chances that the corruption is no more there and your device is fine now.
Push settings configuration– The problem can be with the process of configuring push settings, there can be some problem with the configuration of the push settings.
You can also conduct a manual setup for the push settings configuration-
- Please open settings on the device
- From the menu you can select “passwords and accounts”
- After this choose “fetch new data”
- After this select Gmail and then click on “fetch”
Enable IMAP on Gmail – The issue can be related to IMAP settings, so make sure that they are enabled properly.
In order to enable IMAP on IOS for Gmail please follow the steps given below-
- Please sign in to your Gmail account
- By clicking the gear icon please open “settings”
- After this, choose the option “forwarding POP and IMAP tab”
- Next please choose the option “enable IMAP”
Check the device for online connectivity– you should also see to it that your device is properly connected to the internet. If there is an internet-related issue then, you will need to conduct a restart on the router.
In case the issue of Gmail not syncing on IO S remains then the next thing that the user should do is remove the Gmail app and then install it once again.
If this also fails to fix the problem, then the next thing to try should be removing and then reinstalling the account once again.
For removal of Gmail account, from iPhone please follow, the steps given below-
- please Open settings option and then select “password and accounts”
- After this choose your Gmail account and next click the option “delete account”
- For confirmation of this please you should click on “delete account” once again
- At last click on “save”
Now that we know how one can fix the Gmail sync issue on the IOS we shall now further move to the fix of the issue on the android phone.
For fixing Gmail not syncing on android please follow the steps given below-
Update Gmail app– The problem can be with the Gmail app version that you are using, so you should conduct an update for the Gmail app.
In order to easily update, follow the given steps-
- Open the play store
- There in the search bar enter Gmail
- As you see the update button in the search result right next to Gmail app please click on that
Restart your device– If even after updating the app the issue is not resolved then that means the problem is related to the device. So, please conduct a restart there on the device.
Gmail sync settings– The Gmail sync settings can also be the problem so to fix that the user will need to follow the steps given below-
- Please open the Gmail app
- After this, click on the side menu button
- Next, click on the “settings”
- After this choose your account
- Next, you should go down to the bottom from there enable “sync Gmail”
Device account sync settings – The problem can be because of this as well, so for a solution to this, you should follow the steps given below-
- Please open the settings app
- After this scroll and choose “accounts”
- Next, go to the bottom and you should ensure “Auto-sync personal data”
- After this from the list choose “Gmail account”
- Once, done then click on “account sync”
- After this enable Gmail
- From the three-dotted button choose the option sync now
Check and free storage space– you should do this if it is required, for doing this follow the steps given below-
- Open the settings application
- After this, click on “storage”
- To check your storage use click on internal shared storage
If you are still not able to fix the problem, then the next thing that you should try is the process to reset the Gmail app.
In order to conduct a reset on the Gmail app please follow the steps given below-
- Please open the device settings
- Next, go-to apps and notifications
- After this open, the list from that search and choose Gmail
- Next click on “storage &cache”
- Next click on “clear storage” for resetting the Gmail app
So, these are all the ways and means through which you will be able to fix this issue of Gmail not syncing on android or IOS. If even after this you need to know anything more than in that case you should get in touch with the team of technicians.