Swelling under the eyes or puffiness can be caused due to various reasons. The causes might range from minor to more severe medical conditions. So, now you will wonder what could be the cause of your puffy eyes. Yes! Here we discuss the surprising factors for the cause of fluid retention around the eyes, also shared a few tips to fix the puffy eyes and when to seek the doctor’s help. Just keep reading the post and gather more information about the puffy eyes in this article.
What are the factors which cause puffy eyes?
Though age and genetics are a few common factors for the cause of fluid retention around the eyes, there are other important reasons to quote the cause of it. Let’s check a few of them below:
- Intake of excess salty meal
- Irritants from smoking, perfume, and other things from the environment
- Temperature changes
- Sensitive skin
- Sleep deprivation
- Sagging or ageing skin
- Dysfunction of tear glands
- Poor diet
- Excess consumption of alcohol before bedtime
What are the symptoms associated with puffy eyes?
Here we have listed out a few symptoms of puffy eyes and those include:
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Itching or burning sensation
- Double vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Neck swelling or facial swelling
A few tips to fix puffy eyes:
There are several methods available, which you follow to prevent getting puffy eyes as well as it also helps to ease the existing puffy eyes symptoms. Here we have discussed a few tips below:
- Avoid smoking as the irritants from the smoke may increase the risk of getting puffiness around the eyes. Also, stay away from second-hand smoke.
- In case if you are suffering from an eye infection, then avoid continuous rubbing of your eyes.
- Imbalance in the thyroid hormones or intake of too much thyroid medication may cause grave’s disease. The majority of the people with grave’s disease experience puffiness around the eyes. So, frequent checking for thyroid hormones and fixing the elevated levels with the right dosage of medications may reduce the risk of getting puffy eyes. If medicines are prescribed, order prescription medicines from the best online pharmacy store in India and get them delivered directly to your home.
- Chill the spoon and massage the area under the eyes with the back of the spoon.
- Placing tea bags under the eyes may reduce swelling and is because of the presence of caffeine present in the tea.
- Mild facial massage with your fingers or using the rollers helps to improve blood circulation and drain extra fluid out from the sinus and other pressure points.
- Avoid salty foods. Yes! The lesser intake of cold cuts and snacks rich in salt content may reduce water retention and puffiness around the eyes.
- Regular use of eye cream can make the skin around the eyes firmer. So, boost the collagen through foods and by using homemade eye creams.
- Improve your beauty challenges with the right amount of sleep. It helps to mask the dark circles around the eyes, prevent eye bags, and keeps the facial skin healthy and radiant.
- Above all, keeping the body well hydrated may reduce the risk of puffy eyes. So, cleanse well by drinking enough water.
- Intake of vitamins helps to reduce puffiness, improves blood flow around the skin, eyes, muscles, blood vessels, and nerves around the eyes.
When to see the doctor?
If you have severe swelling around the eyes and don’t go away on its own, then consulting an eye doctor is a must as he or she can check for the underlying cause. So, schedule an eye examination to address the concerns related to under-eye swelling as early detection and diagnosis may prevent the cause of serious eye damage. Based on the severity of the disease your doctor may prescribe an eye cream or medications to relieve the symptoms. Get amazing medicine discounts on prescribed medicines by purchasing from a reliable online medicine shopping site at the comfort of your home.