Netgear extender setup wizard is what helps users set up Netgear wifi extender. If you want to setup Netgear wifi extender with the main router, you will first need to login to Netgear extender and then perform the Netgear range extender setup instructions.
Setting up a Netgear range extender is very easy and quick. The device just requires you to configure it with your main wifi network and install it in a place where you experience dead signals. You don’t need to use an installation disk or any other CD supplied to you with your extender. You can easily access the device and manage its settings through any WiFi-enabled device with the help of the default web address mywifiext.net.
In this post, we will discuss how to login to Netgear wifi extender and set up the device with your main router. Even we will troubleshoot all the issues with Netgear Wifi Extender within no time.
Netgear WiFi extender setup – physical setup
- Firstly, we will learn how to physically set up the Netgear wifi extender so that we can proceed with the Netgear extender setup, easily and quickly.
- Plug your wireless range extender into the power outlet nearby your main router.
- You have to keep both the devices close to each other only during the Netgear extender setup process.
- Now, plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the range extender and another end of the cable into the LAN port of your PC or laptop.
- You need to do this only during the Netgear range extender setup.
- Now, make sure your extender, main router, and computer are powered on.
Netgear WiFi extender setup – Netgear extender login?
The Netgear extender login is important in order to get inside the device and manage its settings. Without login, you won’t be able to configure your device and use it. Here are the steps to perform Netgear wifi extender login.
- First and foremost, open a web browser on a PC or laptop.
- Now, go to the address bar and type mywifiext.net. If this web address does not work, you can try using the following addresses.
- Once you enter any of the aforementioned addresses, hit Enter or click Go.
- You will see the mywifiext net login page on your screen.
- If you can’t see the Netgear extender login page, retry with any other web browser.
Netgear WiFi extender setup – configuration
- Now that you have logged into your wireless range extender, let’s proceed with the web configuration instructions.
- Click on the New Extender Setup button.
- Now, choose the default username and password for your Netgear WiFi extender login step. Kindly note that this is not a security key for your wifi network. These are the details you will need to login to Netgear extender in the future.
- The Netgear extender setup wizard will ask if you want to use the Netgear Genie for the setup process. Click Yes or Continue.
- Now, the Netgear extender will search for your existing wifi network.
- Locate the SSID of your home network and connect to it. Enter the password if prompted.
- Click on Enable one WiFi name.
- After that, your Netgear extender setup will end and your device will automatically reboot.
Now that you have learned how to setup Netgear WiFi extender, unplug the device and plug it in a place where you experience dead wireless signals or dead zone.
Netgear extender setup using the WPS method
- In the beginning, make sure your device is working and getting an adequate power supply.
- You need to plug it nearby your main router only during the Netgear extender setup.
- Now, make sure you know where are the WPS button located on both the device (main router and range extender).
- Press the WPS button on your wifi extender and within 2 minutes press the WPS button on your main router as well.
- After that, the extender’s WPS LED will light and stay solid.
- It means both the devices are connected successfully.
- Now, unplug your extender and plug it into a power outlet that is located in a place where you experience weak WiFi signals.
Can’t login to Netgear wifi extender?
If you can’t login to Netgear wifi extender, it means something is wrong with your range extender. Let’s fix this issue with the help of steps mentioned below.
- First of all, make sure the extender is powered On and in a working state.
- Connect it to your PC using an Ethernet cable.
- After that, make sure your computer’s web browser is not loaded with cookies, cache, and history. Check it and delete all the browsing data.
- Now, enter the correct web address or IP address into the address bar.
- Do not enter the address into the search bar.
- The default web address is mywifiext.net and the default IP address is 192.168.1.250.
- If you still can’t login to Netgear router, reset the Netgear wifi extender.
How to reset Netgear wifi extender?
It is important for you to know that resetting the Netgear extender will bring it back to the default factory settings. This action will erase all the data from your Netgear wifi extender. Here are the steps to perform a Netgear extender reset.
- Locate the reset button on your wifi extender.
- With the help of a paperclip or a toothpick, press the button.
- Hold down the button for at least 10 seconds before releasing it.
- You will see the LED on your extender flashing.
- This means your device has now initiated the process to go back to its original factory settings.
- Once your device reboots, you can login to Netgear extender without any username and password.
Now that you have successfully reset the Netgear extender, you need to reconfigure it in order to experience an extended network. This post was all about the Netgear wifi extender setup instructions. We hope this post helped you learn how to setup Netgear wifi extender without any hassle. However, if you do come across any errors or problems with your device, make sure you talk to a professional support team.