Comfast repeater setup is one of the most cost-effective ways of extending your existing wifi network. Comfast wifi extenders are some of the best yet reliable wireless extenders on the market. The extender comes with a lot of features and functionalities that you need to configure. The device needs to be configured properly in order to access all the features and experience an uninterrupted extended network.
Comfast range extenders wirelessly extend your network to eliminate dead zones from your home. You just have to set up the range extender and install it in a place where your main router’s network does not reach.
This post will take you through the instructions to setup a Comfast extender using different methods. Read these 5-minute-instructions to make your device all set for the job.
How to Login to Comfast Repeater Setup?
The Comfast repeater login is an imperative part of setting up your device. Each time you decide to configure or change the settings of your range extender, you would require to login to Comfast extender.
- Firstly, take the Comfast range extender out of the box and plug it nearby your main router.
- Both devices need to be close to each other only during the Comfast wifi repeater setup.
- Now, connect your computer to the Comfast repeater.
NOTE – You can either connect your PC to the extender wirelessly or through an ethernet cable. We recommend you use an ethernet cable as it is the most secure way to establish a connection.
- After that, open an internet browser on your PC. We recommend using Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
- Now, type the default web interface address 192.168.10.1.
- The web browser will ask for the Comfast extender default password and username.
- Enter the login details and click Login to get access to your Comfast repeater.
Comfast Repeater Setup using 192.168.10.1
This method is also known as the Comfast web interface setup. The default Comfast IP takes you to the web interface on your device after which you can easily configure the settings. Here are the instructions to set up Comfast extender using 192.168.10.1.
- Take a device connected to your Comfast wifi extender’s network. It could be a mobile or a PC.
- Now, enter the default IP in the web browser.
- Login to Comfast extender using the default Comfast login credentials.
- After that, you will reach the Comfast extender dashboard.
- Now, let your device scan for wifi networks.
- Choose your home network from the list and connect to it using the wifi password.
- Now, configure the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network settings.
- Finally, click Apply to save the settings.
Now, your Comfast extender will reboot as soon as you complete the Comfast repeater setup. Once the device is set up perfectly, unplug it and then plug it in a place where you don’t get a good network strength. It will now be able to provide you with better performance in order to extend your network strength.
Comfast Repeater Setup using WPS Button
To start with the Comfast repeater WPS setup, make sure the WPS button is present on your main router. Once it is confirmed, start with the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, keep the Comfast wireless extender plugged in.
- The extender should be powered On.
- Press the WPS button on your Comfast range extender.
- Now, within 2 minutes, go to your router and press the WPS button on it.
- After that, give some time to both devices to finalize the WPS settings
- Finally, both devices have been set up with each other.
Comfast Wifi Extender Setup using Access Point
In this section, you will learn how to configure the Comfast repeater using Access Point instructions. Please look below for the steps:
- Connect your device to the Comfast wifi network.
- Now, type http://192.168.10.1 in the web browser.
- Enter the Comfast admin password and username on the Comfast login page.
- After that, choose AP on the Comfast dashboard.
- Now, select your network name and encryption type.
- Set a new password for your network and click Apply.
- Now, wait for the extender to reboot in order to set up new changes.
- Finally, connect to the network using the password you have set.
What are the default username and password of the Comfast repeater?
The default Comfast extender password and username are “admin”. In other words, the password and the username are the same. If these credentials don’t work, kindly refer to the user manual of your device. You can also look behind your device to know the username and password.
How to Change the Comfast Repeater Password?
To change the Comfast repeater password, please open a web browser on a device connected to your extender. Now, type the default IP http://192.168.10.1 in the address bar and then login to the Comfast repeater admin page. After that, go to the Advanced page and then go to the Wireless section. Now, enter your current password and then enter the new password. At last, click Apply to save the new settings.
How to Reset Comfast Wifi Extender?
Resetting the Comfast range extender will erase all the settings and connections from your wifi extender. Firstly, locate the reset button on your device and then press it using a paperclip or a pin. Hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Now, release the button and let your device restore the original factory default settings. Once the device reboots, you may need to reconfigure the device. To reconfigure the device you can follow the given process.
Setting up a Comfast wifi range extender is very easy and quick. You just have to make sure you login to Comfast extender and then follow the aforementioned instructions to set up the device. So that was all about the Comfast repeater setup and some frequently asked questions. Hope that the article will help you to fix most of the issues with the Comfast Wifi repeater.
If you need any assistance or the Comfast extender not working, please feel free to reach out to our support team. Our team of professional technicians will make sure your issue is resolved promptly.