The Railway Recruitment Board [RRB] under its Non-Technical Popular Categories [NTPC] examination selects candidates for posts such as Junior Clerk cum Typist, Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Traffic Assistant, Junior Time Keeper and much more.
According to the latest official notification, the RRB NTPC 2021 Phase 7 exam is slated for has been postponed [it was to be held in April]. There are more than 35000 vacancies and the selection process involves two-stage Computer–based Test and then Different Skills Tests. Keep reading to know more about how you can formulate a strong RRB NTPC 2021 preparation plan and ace your exam.
RRB NTPC 2021 Preparation Strategy: Exam Pattern
The RRB NTPC exam comprises two to three stages depending on the posts applied. These are Prelims Computer Based Test [CBT]-1, Mains Computer Based Test [CBT]-2 and an additional Typing Skill Test /Computer Based Aptitude Test*. Negative marking for each incorrect answer is 1/3rd of a correct answer. The exam pattern for both the CBTs has been shown below and it will help you better formulate your RRB NTPC preparation plan.
|Section||Prelims CBT 1 Marks||Prelims CBT 1 MCQs||Mains CBT 2 Marks||Mains CBT 2 MCQs||Total Duration|
90 minutes[for each exam]
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30||35||35|
*Skill Test is compulsory only for candidates of Accountant Assistant, Senior Clerk cum Typist and Senior Time Keeper posts. The Aptitude Test is only for candidates of Traffic Assistant and Assistant Station Master posts.
RRB NTPC Preparation: Syllabus
Given below is a tentative list of topics that you can expect on the RRB NTPC 2021 exam and which you must be aware of.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Clocks, Inequalities, Coding-Decoding, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Dates & Calendars, Order & Rankings, Directions, Cause & Effect, Assertion & Reason, Statements & Conclusion, Data Sufficiency, Similarities, Relationships, Partnership, Blood Relation, Advanced Coding-Decoding, Advanced Puzzles, Syllogism, Graph Interpretation|
|Ratio & Proportion, Number System, Speed & Distance, Simplification/ Approximation, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Average, Inequalities, Probability, Simple & Compound Interest, Ages, Functions, Geometry, Linear Equations, Series & Sequences, Probability Graphs & Tables, Data Interpretation, Permutation & Combination, etc.|
|Current Affairs, Indian Constitution & Polity, National Issues, Business & Economics, Important Institutions [Domestic & International] and current changes, Indian and World History, Film & Television, Science & Technology, Flora & Fauna, Indian & World Geography, Culture & Literature, Important Offices & Dignitaries., Important Dates & Anniversaries, Environment, Sports and Recreation, Monuments and Places, Currency, Books & Authors, etc.|
RRB NTPC Preparation: Underlying Strategy
The CBT 1 is a Prelims test, that is, it is only a screening exam. Clearing the cut-offs will be enough to progress onto the next stage. The CBT 2 is the Mains exam which will decide whether you get selected or not. AS the syllabus is the same with the same topics, there 20 more questions on the exam. In CBT 2, keep a target of 85-95 questions correct.
RRB NTPC Preparation Plan: Tips
Here are a few tips that you must incorporate into your RRB NTPC preparation plan.
- Questions Breakdown CBT 1: The General Awareness section is very expectedly diverse. As per last year’s questions, current affairs were asked in 11 questions, History 7 questions and Biology 7 questions. General Science topics like Physics and Computers are also vital with 4 questions each. In Mathematics, topics like, Profit/Loss, Number System, Simplification, Data Interpretation and Ratio & Proportion are comprehensively tested with a combined 16 questions among them, so be prepared for that. In General Intelligence & Reasoning, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relation and Mathematical Operations are key topics with 4 questions each. Puzzles and Diagrams with 3 questions each can get you easy marks.
- Questions Breakdown CBT 2: For Mathematics, you can expect 3-4 questions each from Profit/loss, Ratios, Simple interest/ Compound Interest. Likewise, in the GI & Reasoning section keep the aim of 24-26 questions. Lastly, General Awareness is the most important of all and anywhere between 37-42 questions correct can make the difference for you. The difficulty level is naturally a bit higher than CBT 1.
- The two CBTs are Prelims and Mains. While the General Awareness section in CBT 1 carries 40 marks, it rises to 50 marks in CBT 2. Therefore, you must focus on the General Awareness section throughout your RRB NTPC preparation plan.
- For General Awareness, as the syllabus is vast, set aside the dynamic and static section for the day. Give 1 hour each day for reading newspapers especially the Opinion and Explained sections. This will help in current affairs and general awareness. Various RRB NTPC preparation online materials on GK are available.
- Due to the lockdown situation, you must incorporate RRB NTPC preparation online resources such as online tests, puzzles and quizzes, tutorial videos. Refer to expert analysis and documentaries as well for difficult topics.
- In the Reasoning section, the key is to become familiar with the techniques of the questions. For instance, for Coding-Decoding and Syllogism, you must use Venn diagrams, for Seating Arrangement and Blood Relation, you must get better at using flowcharts. Similarly, you must follow strategies for different questions.
- Topics like unitary method, ratio & proportion, averages, percentages, linear equations simplification, etc. are fundamental topics that come into use in both reasoning and maths. Hence, focus on these areas in your RRB NTPC preparation plan.
- In the RRB NTPC 2021 exam, time management is primary. You have 100 questions in 90 minutes in CBT 1 and 120 questions in 90 minutes in CBT-2. Through mock tests, map down how much you are spending on each section and then work on bringing it down. You must also make provisions for revision and correction. Give online tests on numerous RRB NTPC preparation online websites.
What we highly suggest for the RRB NTPC 2021 exam is to remain confident and calm throughout your preparation and in the exam hall. Focus on your strong points and don’t panic.
if you have more education content than write for us education. Best of Luck.