Are you thinking of shifting? If so, then things are going to get bumpy. Household shifting one of the toughest activities. You need to plan prior to hiring professional packers and movers to shift your things. To maintain sanity throughout the shift it is important to make a list of everything that you need to do before you move. Whether it is making payment of all the utilities and closing them or getting your address changed.
Here are a few tips to help you plan the whole household shifting without losing your mind. Take care from these tips and simplify your move.
Make a checklist
A checklist comes in very handy when you are planning for house shifting. The checklist can help you plan all your steps accordingly and you won’t forget about them. Simply write down everything that you want to do before you move. Write it clearly so that others can follow this list and you don’t make mistakes later. Tick each point off once you complete the task.
Declutter your place
Next, declutter the place. Pick a place or a corner and start organizing things. Segregate those things into two bins for selling and donating. Meanwhile, you need to keep a separate box where you can put everything that needs to be shifted. It will take hardly an hour or so to clear a particular room or area. This will help you clear three things.
- You can organize all your stuff in disarray
- Minimize the number of things that need to be shifted
- Clean the area while you remove things from the area.
Decluttering has so many advantages. Following this step will get half of your work done easily.
Remove all the unwanted items
Once you have organized all your rooms and segregated all the things in bins separately for donating, selling, and dumping, now get it’s time to get rid of them. By selling the items that you don’t want you can make a positive addition to the income hence, cutting the cost of moving. Donating stuff can get most of the things removed and put to good use for others. Rest you can throw them away. Doing this will clear the area of unwanted things, you are left with only those things that need to be moved.
Buy all the packing supplies accordingly
From day one you should keep packing materials ready. First shop for boxes, fillers, and packing tapes. You can look for cardboard boxes of all sorts near your place in stationery stores, book stores, and even liquor stores. They have the best kinds of boxes that can be used effectively.
When you start with decluttering if you have these packing materials ready you can keep the items in them at the same time. This will help you get two things done at the same time. If you are not prepared it will cost, you extra time to pack things up separately. To maintain your sanity during tough hours of moving follow the checklist and keep all the materials ready. This will help you save time and allow the process to move smoothly. You can also ease the strain on your finances, by getting free boxes from the stores as well.
Start packing early
Don’t wait for the last hours to start with the packing. Start slowly and you will definitely win this race against time. Sometimes in a hurry, we make serious blunders. Some of us may leave important stuff behind. To avoid such a situation, it is best if you can start with the packing at least one month before the movers and packers arrive.
Start with these items:
- Pack seasonal clothes, which you won’t be using in the near future
- Part wears can also be packed and stacked aside
- Next, pack valuable items and documents.
- Utensils that are not used on a daily basis. Keep a few ready for daily use and rest you can pack.
- Delicate things such as frames, glassware, pots, and plants.
These things need to be packed carefully so that you don’t end opening them before you move.
Label the boxes properly
Packing done, simultaneously label them. You can do this in two different ways.
- The first method, label the things room-wise. Use a different color marker for different rooms. This will help you during the unloading of the boxes. You can guide the packing and moving service providers to directly put them in their respective rooms.
- The second way, you can label the boxes according to the items. Like for example, fragile things can be placed together, while electronic gadgets can be placed in another box.
Don’t forget to label them or else you may end up looking for a specific thing in the middle of the night, opening almost all the boxes.
Related Post: How to verify the genuineness of the packers and movers
Pack with your friends
Having friends around can lift your mood. Especially if you are packing your wardrobe. You don’t know which clothes to keep and which one to throw. In such a situation, call your close friend for a get-together. For this, you need to keep a few things in mind.
- Schedule the get together on weekends. This will allow your friends to come without taking a leave.
- Make a list of things that you will accomplish when your friends come. It is easy to lose one’s goal with their friends.
- Food and beverages should be prepared or ordered earlier so that you get things done.
Having such a program with your friends can help you loosen up a bit and enjoy the whole process of shifting. Relocation is a strenuous job. You can lose your mind if you don’t plan it all in advance. Take the help of these steps and get them done one thing at a time. Don’t try to do all of it in one go. It will simply drive you mad and you won’t get any work done.
So, when you are feeling like you are losing your mind simply take a breather, drink water, and then start again. Happy packing!
If you are searching for packers and movers from Pune to Gurgaon to Household shifting, business shifting, or any Transportation service in Delhi and all over India. So you have reached the best packers and movers service provider.