Netgear router login is a very easy process when executed with the help of the default web address routerlogin.net. http://www.routerlogin.net is the default web address of Netgear wifi routers and helps users easily access the device and manage its settings. If you login to Netgear login page using routerlogin.com, the Netgear router login page will prompt you to provide the username and password of your router.
To access the www.routerlogin.net page, you don’t even have to ensure an active internet connection on the network. You can easily go to the page and login to Netgear login page without an internet connection. In this post, we will learn everything related to Netgear login and several issues related to it.
Why Netgear router login process is important?
If you are thinking about whether the Netgear router login is a mandatory step, let us tell you, that it is an authentication step. So, it makes it compulsory for the user to go through this step in order to pass the authentication step. The Netgear router login step makes sure any unauthorized person is prevented from accessing the critical information of your wifi network through the Netgear router.
In order to Netgear login page, you need to use the default login address i.e., routerlogin.net. As you enter this address into the web browser, it will redirect you to the www.routerlogin.com login page.
How to login to Netgear login page using www.routerlogin.net?
In this section, you will find step-by-step instructions to perform Netgear router login process without any hassle. Follow the below-mentioned instructions very carefully to avoid coming across any issues or errors.
Connect to Netgear router
- Firstly, you need to connect your computer to the Netgear wifi router.
- You can setup the conncetion in two way i.e., wired and wireless.
- For the wired connection, you need to use an Ethernet cable.
- To connect to the Netgear router wirelessly, go to the Wireless Settings on your computer.
- Search for your home wifi network. If you can’t find the network, make sure your router is powered On.
- Enter the network key to connect to the Netgear router
2. Login to Netgear login page
- To login to Netgear router login page, you need to open a web browser on your computer.
- Now, type the default web address www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.net into the address bar.
- Hit Enter on the keyboard, and you will reach the routerlogin.net login page.
- If you can see the Netgear router login page on your screen, it means you have successfully accessed the login page of your router.
3. Netgear router login
- Now, the Netgear login page will prompt you to type the default admin username and password of your router.
- Enter the password and username into the respective fields.
- In case you don’t know the login credentials, refer to the label pasted at the bottom of your Netgear router. You can also refer to the product manual of your device.
- After that, click Submit and you will get inside the Netgear router.
- If you are able to see the Netgear router dashboard on your screen, it means you have successfully logged into the Netgear router.
Netgear router login troubleshooting issues
In this section, we have discussed solutions to some of the most common issues you may come across with your Netgear wifi router.
Can’t login to Netgear router login page?
- If you can’t login to Netgear router, it means either you have entered the wrong login username and password or the router encountered some issue.
- Reboot the router and connect it to the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Go to the routerlogin.net login page and enter the correct username and password.
- The username and password fields are case sensitive so make sure you type the credentials accordingly.
- Now, you will be successfully logged into your device.
2. www.routerlogin.net not working?
- Is the default web address http //routerlogin.net not working? No worries!
- Firstly, make sure your PC or laptop is connected to the wireless network of the Netgear router.
- Make sure your PC or laptop is nearby the router if the connection is wireless.
- Clear the browsing data on your web browser. Delete all cookies, cache, and history.
- Check whether you are able to login to Netgear router or not.
- If not, try to turn off the firewall of your computer.
- After this, your issue will be resolved.
3. Forgot the default Netgear login password?
- Have you forgotten the login default password? Not to worry!
- All you have to do is, grab the product manual of the router and go to the Wireless page.
- Check if there is any info given in regards to the router login credentials.
- You can also refer to the wireless label pasted at the bottom of your device to know the username and password.
- If you are still unable to login through the default Netgear login password, that means you may have changed the login password of your device. In that case, you will need to reset Netgear router to default factory settings.
- Refer to the next section to learn how to reset Netgear router.
How to reset Netgear router?
Do you wish to reset the Netgear router to the default factory settings? Let us tell you that this action will erase all the settings, wireless logs, internet service, and other configurations from your router. Basically, this action will get your router back to the original factory settings. You may need to reconfigure your device after the Netgear router reset.
- Press and hold the reset switch located at the backside of the router.
- To press the button, use a toothpick or a paperclip.
- Hold the reset button for a few seconds before finally releasing it.
- Give your router a few minutes to make changes take effect.
- After a few minutes connect to the router.
Now that you have reset Netgear router to the default factory settings, you can easily login to Netgear router using the default password.
That was all about how to login to Netgear router. We hope this you liked this post and it helped you easily get inside your device. If you come across any other issues on your device and you wish to seek professional help, get in touch with a professional support team.