Microsoft Outlook uses two types of files: OST (Offline Storage Table) and PST (Personal Storage Table) (Personal Storage Table). PST (Personal Storage Table) Once you’re online, you may check all of your email things, and your OST file will work even if you’re not connected to the internet. We can state that .ost files are stored locally and. pst, files are used by Exchange Server, And then Export OST to PST files.
The OST file can be used on a local computer without the need for a server, and it is not corrupted or damaged as a result of an Exchange Server outage or crash. While the exchange server is down or down, the user can utilize the OST file to recover and save the OST file to PST format, which includes all mail items and email properties.
This article discusses some viable options for a Professional solution to convert OST to PST files for free. After reading this blog, you should be able to determine which manual approach to utilize in order to convert an OST file to PST format. Users will benefit from the step-by-step tutorial, which is available at no cost. Let’s take a look at the methods listed below.
Why is it Necessary to Export OST to PST Files Offline?
1: Exchange mailboxes accidentally destroy from the server.
2: You’d like to make a backup of your Exchange mailboxes.
3: An Outlook user wants to rebuild an OST file, but the OST file contains unsaved mail items.
4: Due to an unintentional server shutdown, the PST file becomes corrupted.
5: The PST file may be corrupted due to its large size, and you want to build a backup for specific mailboxes.
These are some of the reasons why OST files are corrupted. Because Outlook supports PST files, users are often looking for a solution on how to export OST files to PST files.
Step-by-step instructions to Export OST to a PST File.
There are four options for converting an OST file to a PST file. Let’s go over each method one by one, step by step:
1: For conversion, use Microsoft Outlook’s Import/Export feature.
2: Use MS Outlook’s Archiving feature to convert OST to PST.
3: Using a Drag-and-Drop Method to Convert OST to PST
4: Export OST emails, contacts, and calendars to PST using an automated tool.
Method 1: Converting with Outlook’s Import/Export Feature
To export OST to PST files using this free manual approach, you must first log in with the Exchange email account that you used to produce the OST file. Once you’ve logged in with your email id, follow these steps to export an OST file to a PST file:
- Open Outlook and select File from the File menu.
- You’ll see a number of options. Click the Next Button after selecting Export to a File.
- You will notice two options: Comma Separated Values and Outlook Data File (.pst). Select Outlook Data File (.pst) from the drop-down menu. To continue, click Next.
- Click on the Parent root and select “Include Subfolders” as shown in the diagram >> To continue, click Next.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the PST file and check the box that says “Don’t Export Duplicate Items.”
- To continue the export process, click Finish.
Method 2: Archive the Outlook Data File and save the OST to PST.
- Select File in MS Outlook once it open and launch.
- Then, under Advanced, select the Auto Archive Option.
- Enter the number of days you’d want to export.
- Select the location where you wish to save the archived file from the drop-down menu.
- To finish, click OK.
- Only mailbox items will export from an OST file to a PST file using this method.
Method 3: Use Drag & Drop to perform a 100% free OST to PST Migration.
- After launching Microsoft Outlook, you can create a new PST file by dragging and dropping files anywhere you want to put them in the Outlook profile.
- After that, you may choose and drag all of the mailbox folders that have been newly formed and relocated to the PST file.
Manual Solutions Have Limitations
Let’s look at why people don’t prefer the aforesaid Free OST to PST Conversion:
- You can’t migrate an OST file to a PST file without first opening an Outlook or Exchange email account.
- If your OST file is corrupted, you won’t be able to export data from it.
- The procedure of manually converting data is lengthy and time-consuming.
- Manual conversion necessitates technical knowledge.
- If a checkbox is unchecked, there is a good possibility that data will be lost.
These are some of the reasons why users do not choose manual conversion. I highly recommend OST to PST Converter Software to you. This application is created using a powerful algorithm.
- You don’t require technical skills because the software interface is simple and easy to use with step-by-step instructions.
- There are no file size restrictions; the software can export data from large files without causing data loss, and it keeps the folder hierarchy intact.
- Software that can export OST data to other file formats, including PST and three more.
Method 4: Using an Automated Solution to Export OST to PST Format
Outlook users must utilize a fast forward application or tool, such as our Best OST to PST converter, to retrieve OST data to PST file format. It is a low-cost and reliable program for converting OST files to Outlook PST files. This technique produces correct results without causing mailbox data to misplace. The software is created utilizing complex algorithms, allowing Outlook users to conduct the conversion operation with a variety of features. To complete the conversion operation, the OST to PST transfer program did not require any prior knowledge. The tool offers a user-friendly interface that allows any user to convert an inaccessible offline OST file to a PST file.
You’ve seen four options for converting an OST file to a PST file in the preceding article. There are three free options for manually converting OST to PST. They do, however, have some limits. As a result, users can opt for an automated solution to overcome the limits of manual techniques.