WordPress is one of the most powerful and widely used website builders. It is used by more than 64 million websites and continues to grow every year. If you are looking to build a new website, WordPress is undoubtedly one of the best tools you can use. How long does it take to learn WordPress? is the main question for people who wish to make career in the WordPress.
Unfortunately, knowing where to start with your WordPress training can be difficult. What should you learn? Where should you start? How long will it take? These and other questions can make the whole process confusing and difficult, to begin with. Many mobile app development Dallas company use WordPress for web development.
Why Learn WordPress?
Before we move on, you may be wondering why you need to bother reading WordPress first. What makes it better than other options like Wix or Shopify?
There are hundreds of reasons why you should learn WordPress, but in this short section, we will cover two major ones:
- Because it is free and open source. While you will need to purchase a domain name and web hosting, WordPress itself is completely free. Being an open source, it also means that your data can be sent at any time. All in all, WordPress is much cheaper and easier to use than its competitors, who often lock you in their ecosystem and make it difficult to export data for your website.
- Because it is flexible and can be adjusted to accommodate almost any project. With over 50,000 themes, 10,000 plugins, and a global community of millions, WordPress can be customized to create blogs, magazines, forums, eCommerce stores, and just about anything else you can think of.
In short, no matter what your budget or goals are, WordPress can do the job!
How Long Will It Take To Learn WordPress?
So, we found out that WordPress is worth reading. But how long will it take to learn? Is it something you need to spend months or years just to create a basic website?
The short answer is no. You can read almost everything you need to know about WordPress in a week or less.
But what if you want to master WordPress? Well, we need a long answer.
Have you ever heard the old saying, “How long is a piece of string?” The answer, of course, is that it depends. Understanding WordPress is the same.
- To learn the basics of WordPress, it takes a week or less. WordPress is easy to use and can be understood by anyone with basic computer skills.
- If you want to make some minor changes to your site, learning basic HTML and CSS will take a week, especially. These are very simple tag languages , and you just need to look at certain things (like text alignment: left;) online.
- To become a “power user,” it may take a month or two. This means you will know all the shortcuts, different settings, the best plugins you can use, how to change your theme using a customizer, and more.
For most people who want to build a website, WordPress can be read in a week or less.
Another Thoughtful Read: How To Integrate AI And Machine Learning Into Your Existing Mobile App
Need To Be A Editor To Use WordPress?
The short answer is, no, you do not need to be an editor to use WordPress.
The long answer is, that most people are often concerned that only programmers or “professional” people can use WordPress. This is incorrect.
WordPress is actually designed to be used by anyone, regardless of their level of technical expertise. It is used daily by millions of people who can write code. This includes bloggers, journalists, photographers, filmmakers, and thousands of other professionals who know nothing about editing.
Having some technical knowledge is no doubt helpful, especially if you want to create your own theme or plugin. However, this is an absolute option and most WordPress users use pre-made resources.
Many minor modifications only involve copying and pasting the code and with over 50,000 plugins and 10,000 themes available, you can probably find something that works for you.
Is WordPress Outdated in 2022? Is It Still Important to Read?
As a last resort, you may be wondering if WordPress is still worth reading in 2022. There are many online articles that claim to be outdated, and you should use a new website builder like Wix, or others like it.
Are they right? Not at all!
WordPress is totally worth reading in 2022. In fact, WordPress is more popular than ever!
As of January 2022, WordPress has about 40% of all online websites. It has also increased by 5% since this time last year.
This means that WordPress has a very bright future. WordPress will undoubtedly be one of the best options for creating a website for many years to come.
Where can you learn WordPress for free?
Time to learn about WordPress! Let’s cover some of the best resources for learning WordPress for free.
The official WordPress site is one of the best places to start. It is packed with tons of free guides and resources.
WordPress Codex is an online website for a variety of WordPress learning resources. It has links to many guides, including WordPress tutorials, FAQs, and tons of other travel options. Most resources are text-based, yet WordPress.tv is a video-based textbook library.
WordPress also offers workshops, which are live events on specific topics. You can watch most of them behind the fact by watching the video.
Collaborating with Astra, SkillJet Academy is a library of business instructional, marketing, editing, SEO, WordPress, and other technical skills. It has both free and paid courses available.
All courses are taught by industry experts and leading authorities on their subjects.
Two free tutorials cover the basics of WordPress and are intended for beginners: WooCommerce Beginner Guide and WordPress Beginner Guide.
In all, you will learn how to set up WordPress, how to create an eCommerce site and other everyday things about using WordPress.
If you want to design your wordpress wesbites you can also contact AppVerticals a leading applications development company in Dallas.