Linksys extender setup allows you to configure the Linksys wifi extender with your existing wireless router. The http://extender.linksys.com page will take you through the Linksys wifi extender set up instructions and helps your device pair with your existing wifi router.
To execute the Setup Linksys extender steps, you need to login to Linksys extender using the default web address extender.linksys.com or http //extender.linksys.com. Once you successfully complete the Linksys extender set-up, your Linksys extender will pick up the wireless radio signals from your existing router and repeat it so it becomes an extended network.
This page will take you through the extender.linksys.com setup instructions so you don’t get stuck while attempting to configure your new Linksys wifi extender.
Linksys Extender Setup Via Extender.linksys.com
- To setup Linksys wifi range extender, plug your device into the power outlet.
- Extender.linksys.com setup requires you to connect your smartphone to the Linksys range extender.
- Enter http://extender.linksys.com in your web browser and click Go.
- The Linksys extender login page will appear on your device’s screen.
- The browser will ask you to enter Linksys extender setup admin username and password.
- Hit Enter and you will reach the Linksys extender admin page.
- When you’re on the Linksys wifi extender setup page, you will see the device searching for all the available networks around it.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions suggested by the Linksys wifi extender setup page.
Linksys Extender Setup using WPS Method
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up your Linksys router through a web-based GUI, you can also choose to perform Linksys wifi extender setup using the WPS method. Follow the steps as given below;
- Make sure the Linksys wifi extender is turned ON.
- Locate the WPS button on your wifi extender and press the button.
- Simultaneously, press the WPS button on your existing router.
- You may need to hold both the switches for a few seconds until the devices pair with each other.
- After a few seconds, both the devices will connect to each other.
- You can test the connectivity by going to the dead corners of your home.
Setting up the Linksys wifi extender and your existing router through the WPS button is one of the easiest ways out there. New users generally prefer to perform the Linksys wifi extender setup using the WPS method.
How to configure Linksys extender with the router?
It is important for a user to configure the Linksys extender with the router in order to extender the existing wireless network. This can only be done with the help of extender.linksys.com.
- Initially, login to the Linksys wifi extender using the default web address http //extender.linksys.com.
- Once you login to the device, enter the credentials and proceed with the Linksys setup extender.
- You will need to perform the Linksys extender setup instructions in order to configure the device with the router.
- Make sure you know the SSID and network key of your existing wireless router.
- During the set up, you must keep the Linksys extender in close proximity to your main router.
- Once the Linksys wifi extender setup completes, you can place the extender anywhere you want.
- It is recommended that you place the extender where you experience dead zone at your home or office.
Linksys extender set up issues?
In case you run into any Linksys wifi extender setup issues, do not panic. You may be facing the issues due to some glitch in your device or web browser.
- If you are unable to perform Linksys setup, you may want to follow the instructions given down.
- After that, make sure you do not insert the Linksys extender setup CD. The whole process will be done through http //extender.linksys.com.
- Please ensure that the device you’re using is connected to the WiFi network of your Linksys range extender.
- The device shall be getting an adequate power supply. To ensure this, try changing the power socket.
- Make sure you’re attempting to connect your Linksys extender to your home WiFi.
- Cross-check the SSID and network key while attempting to pair your extender to your existing router.
Common Linksys Extender Configuration issues
This section will discuss some of the most common Linksys extender issues that users usually come across. To fix Linksys extender issues, you need to follow proper Linksys extender troubleshooting steps.
- Linksys wifi extender set up page not loading.
- The Linksys extender won’t turn on.
- Issues while trying to set up Linksys extender.
- Can’t setting up Linksys extender.
- extender.linksys.com or http://extender.linksys.com not responding.
- extender.linksys.com login process fails.
- Linksys extender set up not responding.
Linksys wifi extender set up not working?
Did you just come across any other problem? Relax! Let’s fix this issue right away.
- If nothing works out to fix your issue, you may want to reset the Linksys extender.
- Before we proceed on to reset the device, you need to remember a few points.
- Resetting the Linksys extender will remove or erase all the settings from your device.
- It will also erase all the wireless logs, passwords, and connected devices from its console.
- You may even need to reconfigure the device.
How to reset Linksys extender to default factory settings?
- To reset Linksys extender to default factory settings, you will need a pen or a paperclip in order to push the reset switch.
- Push and hold the reset switch for about 15 seconds.
- During this time, your Linksys extender’s lights will flash for some time.
- Release the button and allow the device to return to its original default factory settings.
- The device will even reboot on its own to make changes take place effectively.
- Once the device completes the reboot process, connect to its wifi network.
- You can connect to the network using the default wifi password.
Linksys wifi extender not working?
If you see your Linksys wifi extender not working even after the Linksys extender set up process, you may want to ensure a few things that are given below:
- Firstly, make sure the Linksys wifi extender is in close proximity to your existing wifi router.
- Please ensure that you haven’t changed the SSID or network key of your existing router lately.
- Please ensure that the Linksys wifi extender is getting an adequate power supply.
- Then, check whether the Linksys wifi extender is showing this issue every now and again.
- If this is the matter, you may need to ask your manufacturer to replace the piece with a new one.
This page was all about the Linksys wifi extender setup and http://extender.linksys.com Linksys login address. We even shared a few Linksys troubleshooting instructions to help you avoid encountering any issues with your device. We hope this page helped you learn how to configure Linksys extender using http //extender.linksys.com and the WPS method. In case you are a new user and do not want to take up the lengthy process, you can choose to configure Linksys wifi extender using the WPS method.
If you still come across any issues with the Linksys wifi extender of your existing router, consider getting in touch with the professional support team to fix your technical issues.