In this guide, we will discuss the two easiest methods to export PST from Office 365. Whether you want to download multiple or single O365 accounts to PST. We have a solution for you in both terms. So, without any delay, let’s get started with the main point.
But, first, keep eye on the benefits of downloading PST files from Microsoft 365. What can be the procedure to do this task?
Read More : Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool Not Working
Simple Methods For Exporting PST Files From O365
However, there is no direct way provided by Microsoft which works for this solution. Therefore, we have come up with two solutions that can work perfectly. Using them you can easily export PST file from Office 365.
Read More: Migrate Emails From Microsoft Office 365 to G Suite Account
First, you can take the help of an automated program that is designed for such export processes only. Secondly, you can go with the Desktop Outlook application. Through which you can export a single Microsoft 365 mailbox into a PST file.
So, now, let’s just understand each method in a precise manner.
Export PST From Multiple Microsoft 365 Accounts Instantly
As we told you there is no direct way provided by Microsoft. That means you have to perform the task to export PST from Office 365 with indirect methods. However, the program we have brought you is the perfect one.
Due to time management, for you, we have tested many tools. As a result, we got one perfect automated software. The SYSDaddy Office 365 Export Tool. However, if you want to create a backup of your O365 mailbox then you can go with the SYSDaddy Office 365 Backup Wizard. Both tool are pre-tested by the top professionals.
Using it, you can easily download PST from Office 365 account. All you have to do is perform the basic steps and you will be good to go.
Moreover, you can avail its free demo version. Along with this, it will securely export the Microsoft mailbox to a PST file. So, you don’t need to worry about data loss of your Office 365 account.
Features of the Automated Software
This utility is built with top features that you will get. So, the following are the features to export PST from Office 365:
- The top feature is that it works with or without Admin account credentials.
- Moreover, you can export emails, contacts, calendars, and documents from all O365 user’s accounts simultaneously.
- Likewise, it allows you to export Shared / Archive Office 365 mailbox data to a PST file.
- Similarly, there is an option to split the large exported PST file into small parts.
- Additionally, this software is available for all the versions of Windows OS. So, you can export O365 mailboxes into various Windows machine.
- Or, if you need to apply category and Date-Range filters for selective data export. Then, these options are also available in this application.
Working Steps Export PST from Office 365 Instantly
First of all, just download and install the mentioned tool on your system. After that, follow each step to complete the task –
- Then, just mouse-click on ‘Is Admin’ and enter Office 365 Admin Id and password for login
Important Note: If you want to export single user account mailbox data. Then, just fill Office 365 user id and password without enabling the ‘Is Admin’ checkbox.
- Now, choose the User accounts, whose data you want to download as PST file from Office365After this, from the Select Email Format option tap on the “Microsoft Outlook (PST and apply other filter
- Finally, choose the Category of data and just tap on the Start button to export PST file from Office 365 process.
Note: Once the process is done, you will get a PST file for each user account. Along with the same name as the account id at the destination path.
Download PST From O365 – For Single User
There are times when you just want to export PST from your own O365 account. For this, you can go with the Outlook application. Using the IMAP confirmation with Outlook, you can download your Office 365 mailbox in the PST file directly.
Point to Remember: You must have MS Outlook installed in your system. In case, if you don’t have then just go with the above method to solve the query.
However, you can download any Microsoft Outlook version in your system. Such as Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013. To know about the procedure just dive into the next section.
But, before performing the export process, you need to configure your account with IMAP.
Guide For IMAP Configuration With MS Outlook
- First of all, open the Microsoft Outlook application on your computer
- Now, just tap on the File tab, and click on the “Add Account” option from the next screen
- Then, press the “Manual setup or additional server type” radio button >> Next option
- Here, choose the “POP or IMAP” radio button from the given list >> Next to move further
- From the Add Account window, provide the following details:
- Here, enter your Name and your Email Address of the Office 365 account
- Then, select the Account type as “IMAP” from the drop-down options
- Provide Incoming mail server: outlook.office365.com
- After this, provide the Outgoing mail server: outlook.office365.com
- Along with it, enter the Microsoft 365 User name and Password
- Now, mouse-click on the More Settings option in Add account window
- Choose the Outgoing Server tab from the current window
- Don’t forget to tap on the “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) required” checkbox
- Then, from the Advanced tab and provide all required details to move further
- Press on the OK and then tap on the Next button
- By doing this, the Outlook will start configuring your Office 365 account
- After finishing the configuration, click on the close button.
This is how the Outlook account will show all Office 365 mailboxes into it.
To check out the PST file with the same name as the User Id you can go to “C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\MicrosoftOutlook”.
Today, in this guide, we have discussed about the most asked query on how to export PST to Office 365. For this, we have shared two methods to download PST from Office 365 account. However, both methods work fine. But if you want to export the O365 mailbox for a single user then go with the second method. On the other hand, an automated program is for exporting bulk users. Whereas in the second method you will need to download the Outlook application on your system. So, you can choose the method that’s best suited for you as per your requirements.