If you are a regular user of QB software and experiencing problems such as Quickbooks Error 6147 0 then this article may help you to resolve such an error code. This is a frequent error code that appears when a user’s company file becomes corrupted or is not correctly identified where it is saved on their system.
The users may receive an error message that reads:
While attempting to open the company file or a backup file QB error code -6147,0
QuickBooks Error 6147 0: Meaning
Quickbooks Error 6147 0 is part of the error code 6000 series. While QB is unable to restore a backup to the local system or when attempting to open a company file or backup file, this error occurs. It might be caused by a number of circumstances, which we will cover later in this piece. So, when you get this problem, you should check to see if your QB desktop is current. In addition, you can use the QB file doctor tool to repair a broken QB company file.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6147 0
QuickBooks error code 6147 company file can be caused by one or more of the following causes:
- First, a faulty or corrupted corporate file
- While restoring a QB backup file from an external device or network, QB error code 6147 0 occurs.
- Moreover, the QBW. the file may be corrupted.
- It may even occur when the QB company file contains inaccurate information or data.
- Furthermore, the company file is accessed through a mapped disc that was either accidentally erased or removed by third-party software.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 6147 0
Some of the most usual indications that may alert you to the Quickbooks error 6147 0 before you get it are as follows:
- You will encounter a problem while attempting to open the company file.
- Moreover, you are not able to restore the backup file.
- An error was found, and the system has been terminated.
- Also, the current application window has crashed.
Troubleshooting Solution to Resolve QB Error Code 6147 0
Now that you are aware of the causes and symptoms of Quickbooks Error 6147 0, let’s go to the next stage of troubleshooting this error code. We will take you with the solutions so that you can implement them in the order specified:
Solution 1: Execute the QB File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks File Doctor is a program that detects and corrects a wide range of problems. All you need to do is Install it from Intuit’s website if you haven’t done it yet. Once you have installed it, simply start it and wait for the utility to perform its work.
- First, go to the Intuit website and download and install the QB tool hub.
- Then, on your server system, execute this utility.
- Now, locate the Company file issues tab and select the Run QB file doctor option form.
- After completing the preceding procedures, the file doctor program will launch automatically.
- Now, to address the company file problems, follow the on-screen directions.
Solution 2: Transfer the QB file to another location
- First, ensure that the system’s hosting is not switched on.
- After that, navigate to QuickBooks, then to the File menu, followed by Utilities.
- In case you see the Stop Hosting Multiple-User option, proceed to the following:
- At first, stop hosting multiple-user access.
- Then, allow the following window to appear by tapping Yes.
- Then, with the company file closed, click Yes once again.
- At last, attempt to restore the backup file that is currently on the system.
Solution 3: Make use of Micro Trend Active Scan
If the preceding troubleshooting solution did not resolve the issue, try these.
- Firstly, locate and make a note of the address of your company file.
- Without disrupting the company file, hold down the Ctrl key and then double-click on the QB icon.
- The company file must be displayed first.
- After that, select the company file from the list.
- The location of the file should be shown in the company file list that you open.
- After that, in Trend Micro active scan, navigate to the scan settings.
- At last, locate the file folder and make an exception for it.
Solution 4: Change the name of QB files such as.ND and.TLG
In this step.ND &.TLG files should be renamed. These are the setup files that allow users to easily operate the company file in a network or multi-user mode. You may change the name of the file by following the instructions below:
- At first, launch the folder containing your company file.
- Then, locate the .ND and .TLG files such:
- Next, pick the file and right-click to rename it. You need to input the word OLD to the conclusion of each file name.
- After that, reopen QB and attempt to sign in to your company file again.
Solution 5: Rename the .ADR file
In case the alteration of the names of the above-mentioned files does not resolve the Quickbooks Error 6147 0, you should also change the name of the QB ADR file (Auto data recovery).
- First, navigate to the folder containing your company’s files.
- Then locate the.ADR file.
- After that, navigate to the.ADR file folder and look for the most current file.
- Now, right-click on it and choose Rename from the drop-down menu.
- At last, change the file name to .qbw
Solution 6: Terminate All QB processes
- Initially, log in as an Administrator to the server system.
- Then, simultaneously hit the Ctrl + Shift + Esc button.
- In the next step display the processes for all users by selecting the Users tab.
- Now, draw attention to each of the QuickBooks processes:
- Qbupdate.exe, and
- After that, choose End Task.
- Last, to complete the procedure, open the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 7: Make use of the install diagnostic tool
You may use the QB install diagnostic tool to locate and repair corrupted company files. The QB install diagnostic tool may be downloaded or used via the QuickBooks Tool Hub. This program is intended and built to correct issues associated with QB installation.
For more information visit: Business
We believe we have mentioned everything you need to resolve the Quickbooks Error 6147 0. However, if the problem persists, you can connect with the technical team for further assistance.