Dropshipping has grown to become an excellent business method for many entrepreneurs and business personnel. Because of its accessibility and lack of burden of storage, testing markets and building customers becomes easy. However, a necessary aspect of any dropshipping business today is search engine optimization. If your dropshipping business is not backed by a strong SEO plan you might not see the sales number grow.
SEO also becomes necessary as Google ups its algorithms game. For a dropshipping business to be found organically, it has to practice SEO. So, through this article, we try to understand the most important SEO techniques that you can use to enhance your dropshipping sales. If you are a seasoned drop shipper or a newbie trying your luck, give these techniques a try. For others who already practice SEO, these points can be a refresher or a checklist to skim through and stay updated. In any case, the more SEO friendly you are, the better are your chances to be found by a relevant audience who are genuinely interested in your products which ultimately results in the growth of your business.
What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping is the modern way of doing business and it’s sprouting. But, what exactly is it and why has it encapsulated such a large following? Let’s answer that quickly.
- In a dropshipping business, one can sell products without having to store them. In other words, you sell and the manufacturer inventories and delivers the product for you. The seller, without dealing with the product’s logistics, is only responsible for selling it online.
- Let’s look at this with an example. Say you are an entrepreneur who really wants to start a clothing line. In a general scenario, you will have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to print, bulk order clothes and store them. However, with dropshipping, you can communicate with a dropshipping supplier on the clothes, design, and prints. Click pictures of some clothes and put them up on your website. Now, when a customer shops from your website, it’s the dropshipping supplier’s responsibility to pack and send the clothes across the world.
- There are various ways to get into drop shipping sales. You can either develop your own website or associate with famous dropshipping sites like Shopify and Ali express.
- Once your dropshipping business is set online, the next step is to spread awareness about your products and build an organic brand presence. This is where seo for drop shipping comes into play. The stronger your seo techniques, the more sales you can garner.
Does Dropshipping Work in 2021?
Yes, dropshipping is an exciting opportunity for everyone to try in 2021. There are various reasons why everyone from the average joe to a businessman can get into the business of dropshipping.
- One of the major reasons why dropshipping is such a promising objective is because it is easy to shift. Because the burden of storing and inventory is not on the sellers they can test the market. If one product doesn’t work, another might. So, the opportunity for entrepreneurs to find their ground becomes comfortable and less risky.
- In dropshipping, trust is one of the most important factors. Because it’s the seller’s reputation on the line, a streamlined supplier who can be trusted upon is required to complete the entire process. If your dropshipping website is getting a lot of attraction and conversions are happening left and right, make sure your supplier is equally prepared to fulfill those orders.
- In 2021, the competition in dropshipping has grown tremendously and the only way to survive this challenge is with seo dropshipping. Except for ads, you need to grow your dropshipping business organically, and to do that, you need to practice seo.
- Dropshipping is also relevant in 2021 because it is an effective way to enjoy some serious profits. If you are proactive and attentive, you can turn your dropshipping hobby into a serious business just like a lot of drop shippers have done.
SEO tips to boost your dropshipping sales & traffic are you planning to launch a dropshipping business?
Do you hold a dropshipping business but can’t seem to establish stable sales? Well, it’s time for you to consider some SEO tips that might help you grow website traffic and sales.
- To begin with, your website has to be seo optimized. SEO is a great practice that allows search engines to categorize your website and help it reach the right audience. There are over 200 protocols that a search engine like Google checks for in a website, so, you have to be on top of it and make sure you are doing everything that Google wants you to do.
- Use alt text in your content — images, Gifs, or videos. Alt text helps search engine crawlers to distinguish your content. If you sell shirts, use alt text to define each type of shirt on your website.
- Heard of structure data? If you are not an SEO expert, worry not, there is always some assistance you can find online or, you can also look out for an SEO agency, but structured data is important for your dropshipping sales. Using structured data, you can define each product on your website, explain what your business is all about and do more. Structure Data tremendously increases your relevancy signals.
- Are you doing enough social sharing? SEO leaps beyond the search engine realm and into the various parts of the online medium. Social media is one of them. It plays an integral role in driving traffic to your website. So, using your website link and product links properly in content and posts always gives you some boost.
- Have separate product pages. If you have a lot of products, it’s always better to have a dedicated page for each product. This way your audience can navigate to the product they want, learn more about it and buy.
- A seamless design offers a better user experience. Everything from the color patterns to the fonts, little details make your shopper’s experience seamless.
- Be relevant by curating content relevant to your products. Even though you might hold two, three, or more drop shipping businesses, you only develop content that is relevant to one.
- Best way to grow with authority websites linking to your dropshipping business. How do you do that? You reach out to bloggers and influencers and practice guest posting and guest blogging.
- Don’t forget to link your website to various SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Analytics, and more to get real-time statistics about traffic and conversion. Data from these tools can help you make better decisions.
Why should you improve SEO for your dropshipping sales?
SEO is a continuous process, and the more time you spend on it, the better your website becomes. Similarly, the more your dropshipping website is up to date with the latest developments in SEO the better it ranks.
- If you sell a shirt via dropshipping, Google should know that you sell shirts only then it will be able to categorize and put you in front of an affinity or in-market audience that is actively looking to buy shirts. So, SEO is important, and improving it becomes relevant.
- SEO is not constant. Every year Google comes with a new algorithm update that requires drop shipping businesses to keep updating their seo practices as well.
- Yes, there is competition and to beat this competition, you need a strong SEO plan to not just face new people entering into the market but also surpass the ones ahead of you.
SEO for dropshipping is no different than any other kind of SEO. If you understand SEO and know how to implement it, you can do it for dropshipping business as well. Make sure your dropshipping website is user-friendly, follows all the required signals set by Google, and is consistent. You will see results.
Also Read : 5 Things To Do Immediately About SEO Raleigh