The temporary graduate visa 485 is an Australian visa granted to individuals who graduate from an Australian institute and want to stay back in this country to explore further opportunities. If you are one of those applicants, obtaining this Temporary Graduate Visa 485 will allow you to pursue higher studies and work for an Australian employer.
However, like any other visa, you must meet several requirements to be eligible. Besides academic, age, health, and character requirements, proving your English language ability is another essential condition. This blog is designed to understand what you must submit to prove your proficiency in the language.
Why Is It Necessary to Show English Language Documents for Your 485 subclass visa?
Australia is a country where all official work is done in English. Not only that, but you will need to use English to communicate with people in public places. That is why the English language requirement is mandatory for almost every Australian Temporary Graduate Visa 485.
The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 is divided into two categories: the Graduate Work Stream and the Post-Study Work Stream. For both streams, you have to show relevant English language documents.
What Documents Should You Provide along with the Application?
Usually, for a Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485, you must appear for an IELTS or an equivalent English language examination. IELTS score is the most-accepted score across Australian institutes. The minimum requirement is an overall band score of 6.0 with 5.0 in each component.
Points to Note about IELTS
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) has three main purposes.
- Applicants can show the score to prove their proficiency in English to migrate to a country like Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, or the United Kingdom. It means the score helps them obtain their 485 Visa Australia.
- The second purpose is related to their enrolment to any university or institute in these countries. Usually, the score varies from one institute to another.
- The third purpose is associated with getting a job. The score helps the applicants get their relevant professional registrations and enroll in vocational training professional organisations offer. Accounting, Law, Aviation, Engineering, etc., are some fields that ask for the IELTS score. Student visa 500 is for international students who want to do study in Australia.
The test comprises four basic components: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The scores you will receive in each band will reflect your hold in the language.
When you appear for it for the first time and aim to achieve an impressive score, it will be a good idea to take coaching offered by different Australian organisations. Achieving an impressive score will help you not only obtain your 485 subclass visa easily but also migrate to any country like Canada, New Zealand, or the UK.
What Are the Types of IELTS Tests?
Like other 485 Visa requirements, it will be important for you to know the different types of IELTS tests.
There are two different modules under this test – IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic, and for different visas, different types will be required. For example, if you want to apply for professional registration or higher education in Australia, you will be required to take the IELTS Academic. The reason is that the institutes will need to check whether you are ready to pursue an advanced study because English is the language of learning in Australia.
On the other hand, suppose someone wants to migrate to Australia to enroll in a training program, gain work experience, or pursue secondary education. In that case, they will be required to go for the IELTS General Training test. This test aims to assess the survival skills of an individual in a working environment.
How Long the Test Score Stays Valid?
Make sure that the test should have been taken not more than 3 years before at the time of application.
Points to Keep in Mind while Taking Coaching
Your 485 Visa checklist will include your score obtained in IELTS or any other equivalent English language test. The better your score, the higher your Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 approval chances will be. That is why it is always recommended to go through coaching before appearing for the test. Here we discuss four key points you must keep in mind regarding taking the coaching.
- First, you must choose your schedules and batch carefully because multiple batches are provided training each day. You must make your choice according to your requirements.
- You will also receive PTE (Pearson’s Test of English) coaching, apart from IELTS.
- Most organisations offering to coach for these tests arrange for in-house practice tests. Thus, you will get the chance to sharpen your ability before appearing for the actual test.
- Last but not least, your trainers will regularly assess your abilities, which will, in turn, help you clear all the doubts during the course.
Suppose you do not find the most suitable English language coaching provider. In that case, you may consult a professional and experienced immigration agent Perth who will be happy to help you with English language requirements and other visa application requirements.
What Are the Other English Language Tests You May Appear for?
Apart from IELTS, you may also submit scores of other English language tests: follows.
TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language)
The minimum requirements are:
- 14 in speaking
- 14 in writing
- 4 in reading
- 4 in listening
- A total score of 64
PTE Academic (Pearson’s Test of English)
The minimum requirements include:
- 36 in each component
- A 50 overall band score
OET (Occupation English Test)
Scoring a minimum of B in each component is necessary.
CAE (Cambridge Advanced English, C1)
The minimum requirements are:
- 154 in each component
- A 169 overall band score
Can You Be Exempt from this Condition?
No English language proof will be needed if you hold a passport from the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland, New Zealand, or Canada.
Take Application Help from a Migration Agent in Perth
A top-rated migration agent Perth will be the ideal person to help you with any application query. Details about Australian registered migration agents are found on the official website of the MARA (Migration Agents’ Registration Authority). Alternatively, you can consult any leading migration firm to get in touch with these professionals.