QuickBooks is the ideal accounting application for the small and medium-size business organization. It is because it holds multi-feature tools to fulfill the financial needs of the organization with perfection. However, sometimes you need to “Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks” if your Customer overpays for an invoice or by mistake you have recorded payment twice. QuickBooks enables users to create or send invoices from the application.
In this post, we will discuss how to “Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks”. In case of any doubt, you can contact our QuickBooks experts team at our toll-free number (844)-932-1139. You can also reach our website to grasp more information about QuickBooks. Learning about QuickBooks is not a challenging task; it is as simple as ABC.
What is the credit memo in QuickBooks? (In Simple Terms)
QuickBooks allows users to use credit memos which gives a clear view of the credit given to the customers. A credit memo is a document that helps to track payment reductions and customers payments. In QuickBooks, a credit memo is used for items that are bought by a customer and are being returned. Credit memo in QuickBooks uses to track customers payment and any payment reductions.
“Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks”
Sometimes customers do over payment, which requires on-time settlement. To settle those payments, you need to “Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks”. There are four different ways to accomplish this task. QuickBooks automatically applies the credit to an overpaid invoice from a new customer. Still, it is highly recommended to contact your Customer and ask their preference of how they wish to settle their amount. Well, before you proceed to know how to Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks, you must know where to find the credit memos in QuickBooks.
Do you know from where to find credit memos in QuickBooks?
Read the steps given below cautiously to generate the credit memo report.
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks, and select the Report tab.
- Now, select Customers & Receivables.
- To proceed, you must select the transaction list by customers from the new drop-down list.
- You must now click on the Customize Report.
- Move to the Filters Tab.
- Now, type transaction type in the Choose Filter search box.
Know how to generate a credit memo report?
- Firstly, open QuickBooks.
- Choose Customer and Receivables under the Report tab.
- In the customers’ option, click on the Transaction List.
- Now, from the top left corner, choose a customized report.
- Move to the Filters tab.
- After that, enter Transaction Type in the Choose Filter search box.
- You will find the Credit Memo option available under the Transaction Type drop-down menu.
- Finally, hit a click on OK button and then you can view the Credit memos in QuickBooks.
Once you have got the list of all the Credit Memos in the QuickBooks Desktop, then you must look for the four different ways which are stated below to settle the overpaid amount.
- Firstly, create credit and refund the amount that is overpaid.
- Secondly, Create a journal entry and write off the amount.
- Thirdly, Apply the credit to the next Invoice.
- Fourthly, apply the credit to another invoice, which is unpaid.
You can select any of the four methods as per your customers choice to avoid future conflicts in the organization.
“Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks”- Detailed Methods
Read all the methods given below carefully to avoid any hindrances.
Method to Unapply a Credit from a Bill in QuickBooks.
- Go to the Vendor Credit List.
- Now, select the right vendor.
- After that, to change the transaction type, select Credit radio button.
- Hit a click on Save & Close button.
- Choose the same Credit radio button again to change the transaction type.
- Finally, you must click on Yes button for the confirmation to change the transaction type.
Method to Unapply a Credit from an Invoice in QuickBooks.
- The first step is to go to the Credit Memo list.
- Double-click the Invoice that you need to change.
- Now hit a click on Apply Credits.
- From the Previously applied Credits Screen, make sure to remove the selected Credits.
- To proceed, click on Done button in the Apply Credit screen,
- Finally, hit Save & Close button in the Invoice window.
Method to Delete Credit from an Invoice in QuickBooks Online.
To complete the task smoothly, follow the steps given below cautiously.
- Firstly, find the Invoice you want to change and then open it.
- Now, you must choose the link that includes the Invoice to the credit.
- Hit a click on Done button, when you see the Apply Credit screen
- Finally, hit Save and Close button, when the invoice window appears on your screen to get the task accomplished.
Frequently asked question
Question- How to unapply a credit memo from an invoice?
Answer- Follow the steps given below.
- Locate the appropriate credit memo
- To display History, press CTRL + H on your keyboard.
- Now, double click the Invoice.
- You must click Apply Credits
- After that, clear the selection for credit on the previously applied credits window.
- Hit a click on Done button on the Previously Applied Credit Window.
- Finally, on the Invoice click on Save & Close.
Question- How to remove a Credit from Customer Statement?
Answer- Follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, go to the Customer.
- Click on Customer Center.
- Now, locate the name of the Customer and then open the Credit Memo.
- After that, above the Customer’s name click on Mark as Pending icon.
- Below credit memo, you will find a Pending Non-posting message.
- Hit a click on Save and Close button.
- Finally, click Yes, on the Recording Transaction box.
Hopefully, your query related to Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks must have solved, by following the above procedure.
You May Also Read : QBDBMGRN Not Running On This Computer
Sometimes, due to some mistakes, customers overpay an amount which needs on-time settlement. In this post, we have discussed how to Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks. Besides, we also provided you with information about all four different ways to Unapply a Credit in QuickBooks”. In case you face any doubt while going through the process, feel free to communicate with us at our toll-free number (844)-932-1139. You can also reach our website to grasp more information regarding QuickBooks.