QuickBooks is one of the most leading accounting application. It helps to manage all the accounting tasks of an organization. It has completely changed the whole way of handling the financial data of the company. QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is one of those errors which cannot be denied while using QuickBooks. It mainly occurs when users try to access the QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks Error 6000 77 stops users from working on the QuickBooks Company file. Therefore it requires an on-time solution.
Are you confused about how to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77? If yes, then don’t panic because you are on the right platform. Just stick to this post until the end.
In this post, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77. For any question or doubt, ping us at our toll-free number. Our QuickBooks expert team will help you to guide your queries with the best and reliable solution. In case you wish to gather more information regarding QuickBooks, then you can also reach our website.
Want to know about QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
As per Intuit, QuickBooks Error 6000 77 arises while users try to access the QuickBooks Company File. It affects the productivity of the organization as users won’t be able to work on QuickBooks file. We highly suggest you not to ignore QuickBooks Error 6000 77, make sure to fix it as soon as possible to start working on the QuickBooks File.
The primary reason behind QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is that the company file is located in the inappropriate folder or else you don’t have the full permission to access the folder in which QuickBooks Company file is located. Errors can occur anytime in the application due to multiple reasons; one can not deny it. Error code 6000 77 belongs to a group of errors that encounters when users attempt to open the company file. But, you can efficiently resolve it by following the instructions mentioned in this post.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Before we proceed to get the rectification steps, you need to know the necessary grounds which triggers the error most. Read the points given below to know all those reasons that lead to Error 6000 77 in QuickBooks.
- The error may occur when you don’t have full permission to access the folder in which the company file is located.
- Maybe your QuickBooks application is running on the multi-user mode and is not able to connect with the server.
- Maybe users are trying to open the company file from a mapped drive.
- The error can trigger when the company file isn’t located on the local drive or any other network.
- If the Company file is positioned on the external drive, then also the error can occur.
- Maybe the company file is damaged or corrupted.
- The error can encounter due to corrupted .TLG and .ND files.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks could also be the primary reason behind the error code.
- Maybe any virus or malware attack affecting the application.
Do you know the warning signs of QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Every error leaves some signs in the application that you must know how to identify it so that you can quickly resolve the error.
- The moment error encounters you will get the QuickBooks Error 6000 77 pop up message on the screen.
- Your active window may get crash.
- QuickBooks Company File won’t open.
- Windows may begin to run slowly.
- You won’t be able to find the QuickBooks Company File.
- The folder containing the QuickBooks Company File won’t open.
Nuts and Bolts to wipe out QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Once you are aware of the possible reasons and symptoms of the error, then you can easily choose the best troubleshooting steps for the error.
(Troubleshooting Method 1)
Try to fix the error by running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is specially used to repair the document and to resolve the fundamental bugs of the application.
- Firstly, you must go to the legit website of Intuit, from there download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Save the downloaded file on the desktop.
- Now, run the tool in the application and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait patiently to resolve the error.
- Once the process is done, make sure to restart the system and check if the error is resolved.
- If the error still appears than follow the other method.
(Troubleshooting Method 2)
Solve the error by renaming TLG and ND files.
- Firstly open C drive in your system.
- Go to the users’ folder.
- Click on Public and navigate Documents folder.
- Now, navigate the company file.
- Make sure to look for the file with extension TLG and ND at the end.
- After that, right-click on the file and choose Rename option.
- Further, type Old at the end of the file name.
- Lastly, click on the Confirm tab to accomplish the task.
(Troubleshooting method 3)
Re-create the damaged folder to fix the error quickly
- Go to the C drive and create a new folder.
- Now, open the folder where the company file is saved.
- After that, locate the .QBW file.
- You must right-click on the file and then copy it.
- Now, again go to the C drive and open the New folder.
- Paste the file in the new folder which you have copied earlier.
- To proceed, set window access permission to share the company file.
- Finally, open the file form the new location.
(Troubleshooting Method 4)
Make sure to turn off UAC (User Account Control) while resolving the error.
(Troubleshooting Method 5)
Ensure that your application is updated with the latest version. If not then make sure to update it.
(Troubleshooting Method 6)
Try to fix the error by configuring the firewall and security software settings.
- Firstly, intuitively configure the firewall port settings.
- Now, manually configure exceptions for all ports of a firewall.
- Either you must adequately configure it or else install an Anti virus defender.
- Hopefully, your query related to QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is solved by following the above steps.
You May Also Read : How To Unapply A Credit In QuickBooks
Still, have a doubt?
In the above post, we have discussed the troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Error 6000 77. Besides we also provide you with the possible reasons and symptoms of the error. In case of any doubt, ping us at our toll-free number (844)-932-1139 to get an experts advice.