Plumbing systems exist everywhere around us. These are systems that are used to help supply water in a building. This water distribution can be of drinking water, water for the kitchen, bathroom, and other parts of the house, and removing wastewater.
These systems are put together using different types and sizes of pipes, valves, tubes, tanks, fixtures, and much more. This is one of the most important systems in a building. That is why it needs to be strong, resistant to corrosion, and durable. This is why it is important to maintain the systems.
Many plumbing agencies like NRJ Plumbing Frankston help to maintain the plumbing systems to ensure no difficulties or issues.
What are the Types of Plumbing Systems in a Building?
There are 3 various types of plumbing systems that can be built in a building. These 3 systems are:
Sanitary drainage system.
These are majorly used to eradicate the wastewater in a building. This system uses various types of drainage pipes that have been built especially for this job. If ever clogged from the wastewater produced in toilets, kitchens, or laundry, these pipes can be opened and treated. The waste from this system goes to the local sewers.
The reputable plumbing agencies can provide these services; they provide many more services.
Stormwater drainage systems
Stormwater drainage systems are the holes on the sidewalks that are covered. They take the wastewater away from houses and are used to drain rainwater.
Portable water system
A portable water system is used to supply water across the house. There are many types of pipes that are connected to the main system. This main system includes installing many valves at various places, so you can cut off the water supply.
This helps to limit the water usage or use it in a limited quantity. Plumbers in Carrum Downs can install this type of system at affordable prices in your homes.
5 Ways to Maintain an Efficient Plumbing System
A few ways that you can maintain your plumbing system are:
- Fixing any leaking faucets is very important. Leakages occur when the O-ring wears out, the valve seat corrodes, or the washer is not installed properly. Fixing these would fix the problem.
- Stop running toilets. Running toilets increase the chances of water blockages in pipes. Causes of running toilets can be too much/ little water in the tank, replacing an ill valve, corrosion of toilet handle, broken toilet chain in the tank, etc.
- Make sure that the drains don’t get clogged by hair, soap, food, small objects, and much more. Also, check up on drains and the speed they are draining the sink, tub, or shower.
- Checking the water pressure and making sure that it’s not too fast or too slow. Water pressure should be between 30 and 80 psi. High water pressure and low water pressure can both be an issue.
- Drain the water heater regularly. By doing this, the sediments that build-up at the bottom of the heater will be removed. Build up of sediments will reduce the efficiency of the heater.
Various service providers like NRJ Plumbing Frankston all advise doing frequent maintenance of your drainage system. This is because it would help to avoid any bigger problems that could occur. Proper maintenance means proper and smooth work.